I learn a lot every week, some are like a kick in the face others are things I hold in my heart forever, most help In day to day life.......here's a few
1. No matter how much talk and how much gossip is said about me, I know who I am. And there are very few people i have ever cared about what they thought. Luckily none of them have ever been in a line of bitter fire directed at me. No matter how many Sundays I miss, I am not inactive, Im also not In trouble, Im just living my life. Some times I have to work to live, sometimes I need to sleep to live, and sometimes I need church to live. And sometimes I Need something I dont want. Like working Sundays. So In the end you can say what you want, but my testimony stays unshaken.
2. The power of the Gospel is enough for me. Sometimes I feel like I need more, I need to run away to Italy, to Liverpool, to Vancouver. But i always find comfort in this tight knit community. I always longed for a place to call home, I always just wanted roots. The Gospel makes roots everywhere. With it by my side i have been ok. This week i had the chance to share it. And i realized that the power of the Gospel isnt just for me, its with me to share. I went on splits with the sister missionaries, I shared my testimony with a young man, and the look in his eyes when I was saying it made me see. Its just enough If all I do the rest of my life is live here, and live the Gospel that will just be enough. I dont have to travel the world to make a difference, I do it every day.
3. I Love my family. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes we spend so much time apart I can barely remember why I love them. But I do. I love every sarcastic remark, ever loving hug, ever piece advise, and ever minute I spend with them. No matter how long I spend away from them, I always feel the same. Over the years I have gotten closer to a few of them. When I was young all Tiff was, was a babysitter. Now she is a huge reason that I am doing what I am now, with out her I'd still be ringing through groceries at the local IGA. Instead of learning the skills to be successful. Now shes a friend.
When I was young My Aunt was a bother, controlling and judgemental. Now she is a strong example of some key things I need in life. Shes turned from judgemental to caring. Funny how life does that to someone. Blaine use to be a huge pain, constantly teasing and bugging me. Now hes a friend, someone I can talk to, someone who is interesting, who has seen a lot of the world. Someone who fascinates me, and inspires me. My mom has come from a crutch to a friend, to an example, to a mother. A mother is so many different thing to a daughter. One day yours will explain What you are to her. This week I was reminded about just who much I love my family.
4. Working is hard. But hard work is surprisingly enjoyable. minus the aching feet and pain in my back. Know that you are supporting yourself is a good feeling. and sometimes in the midst of financial crisis, you forget that you have worked for everything you've got. ever sock, ever mini wheat kicking around your kitchen floor. you worked for it. and even if that mini wheat was bought by your mom, because your work hasnt quite payed off as much as you need, In the end every month I have put a roof over my head, with out help. and that gives me a really good feeling. You may relate, or you may not. But I just realized how grown up I am this week. Along way from bed time stories and baby sitting.
5. People come in all shapes and sizes, they have different points of view and they have different personalities. Thats just how God made us. But there are no bad people. We may have reacted to situations bad, but I really believe there are no bad people. Not even my crazy room mate. Its very easy for me to compare my life to others. It hasnt been a very easy one. But sometimes I forget that others arnt easy either. would that be cruel joke, If I was the only one in the world who has had it ruff. God would really have to hate me. Im sure her craziness has a reason, as does mine, and as does yours. Im sure she's cried from a broken heart too, Im sure she has had crappy parents at times. I'm sure she had a few dramatic friends. And I guess shes living with 2 pretty crazy room mates herself. This week I decided to cut her some slack. Shes doing her best. And even though her best is annoying most of the time. What more can I ask. I am who I am and so is she. No more crazy room mate stabs. Time for me to respect Grace for the person she is. As different as that is from me.
6. The last thing I learned this week is that there are people that care everywhere. The hide in corners and lurk in the shadows, but their there. The show up with car fulls of free stuff they snagged from an old lady. Or Drive you to work just so you can sit and enjoy breakfast. The order you the next book in the twilight series with out asking, they take over your shift at work when you cant go anymore. Then wave at you from their cars as they drive by, or send you a facebook message. They tell you they love you, and buy you pizza when your poor. They unplug your bathtub, or teach you to play chess so you dont look completely lame. To all these people I want to say thank you. i may never do something that means as much to you as what you do for me, but I love you. and I hope that shows that I care, until i can do more!