2008 has been full of its ups and downs. there was love, and there was hate. Theres was heart ache and there was joy, theres was sstress and relaxation, there were good byes and hellos. and there were a handful of people that I owe everything to (you know who you are). In the last hours of this year I sit in my Aunts house, waiting to go to a dance with an old friend and a new friend, and I realize that even though some serious things happened to me this year, I am still here and still strong. Thanks to everyone who watched me, saved me, and told me when I was screwing up.
1.what did you do in 2008 that you have never done before? I explored the unknow, and lived my life for me. I sniff out new opertunities and broke my own heart. I lived, good and bad, but it was a real life.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2008? Once agian I made no resulutions....however the only resolution I made this year was to do T's weight loss challenge, and well I WAY lost out on that one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2008? YES!!! Anika, had a beautiful baby boy Westley (who I have yet to meet).
4. Did anyone close to you die in 2008? Another yes, my Grandma Shipley passed away this year.
5. What countries did you visit this year? This year is rather pathetic, at least last year I went to the USA but this year.....nowhere but home.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Money, and perhaps a little more smarts, and a sence of direction of the big city.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? november 25th......Because thats the day I walked away from cody and changed my life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? taking control of my emotions from Cody, and moving to the big city.
9. What was your biggest struggle in 2008? Trying to get into College in January, it was by far more dramatic than it needed to be, but so worth it. And the summer.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2008? other than a broken heart no.
11. What was the best thing you bought this year? its a tie between my Laptop and my favorite perfume (vera wang princess) the perfume only because it took me almost a full year to break down and spend that much money on a bottle of perfume.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I would have to say not to many people, but Elizabeth gets props for dumping Brett and finding her true love Eldon. Most of the people in my life got worse this year.
13. Whose behavior dissappointed you? its a tie between Stephs and Lauras
14. Where did most of your money go? I'm not entirley sure, but best guess is pointless crap.
15. What did you get really really excited about this year? David to come home.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? For the nights I cant remember-hedley, anything by Alexz Johnson, and Sing- Theo Tams
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer? Happier 100%, Nicer probally not, and richer it probally evens out.
19. What do you wish you had done less of? dreaming, and obsessing over Cody.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008? yes
21. What was your favorite TV Program in 2008? GOSSIP GIRLS!!!!
22. What was the best book you read this year? The Twilight series hands down.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year? That I can listen to whatever I want, and still be cool! oh and city and colour.
25. What was the best movie you saw this year? Seven pounds, sex and the city.
26.What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn? I turned 19, and I partied with my closest friends at the slice and listened to a Jimi Hendrixs cover band. Best birthday hands down.
27. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying? If I had never fell for Cody, and If Nolan had not moved away, mostly if Nolan never moved away cuz if he hadn't Cody would have never come.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? The Scarf.
29. What kept you sane this year? Tiffany. Mom. God. (not necessarily i that order cuz no offence T I think God would have to go first! but just due the the whole father of the world thing)
30. What celebrity did you fancy the most? this year I developed my Earl Stevenson obsession, and Gerad Buttler obssesion, oh and Ew Westwick and of course Robert Patinson! But this year the man that truely won my heart was.....Edward Cullens.
31. Who did you miss this past year? Kristian.
33. Who were the best new people you met this year? Jessica, Blaine (note to readers I knew him before this year but I really only got to know most of my family this year).
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
This year the most Valuable lesson I learned is to have faith in myself too. That I can make it, I'm strong. Also that Famly is always there for you, friends isnt always were its at. That even the most impossible things can be over come. And of course even though I constantly stumble along the way god is there to pick me up, brush me off and push me farther.
I also learned this year that my father wasn't the monster I thought he was.