Sunday, May 31, 2009

it crossed my mind

I felt like I needed to post something....so here is a few things that have crossed my mind this week.

1. Fashion. I love fashion. If I can't make it as a political or environmental journalist. I plan on selling my soul, and being a fashion journalist. Funny I know to want to educate the world on the state of our planet, but would settle on the mindless fashion industry. What can I say? How ever I will always be able to comment on peoples fashion, even if I am a fabulously deep journalist. Exhibit A came through my till yesterday. A huge man, with a thick white bread, those sweat pants that sinch at the bottom and pair of suspenders holding them up over a black stained T shirt and a jean vest. Plus I do believe he was one of those people T told me about last weekend, the one's that don't have the luxury of showering ever day.

2. I have been bouncing back and forth from a family ward and a singles ward since I got back to the bridge. I have been trying to figure out what ward would help me concentrate more on the spirit and topics being said. And less on the boys that I want to date. Turns out single guys are in a family ward too. Luckily their not overly attractive, and usually come with a pile full of baggage and an ex wife. So needless to say there is not to much pressure in a family ward. I feel like I am looking for a needle in a haystack....a needle that is actually in the pin cushion, I just happened to not see it there. scratch that it's more like an invisible needle in a haystack. Maybe I feel this way because I don't really know what I'm looking for. But it's something.

3. I have decided to be an adult. Instead of quitting the job I'm currently at, I decided to grow up and find a better job before I just ditch and live off no money. sometimes I am super grateful for the things I was taught as a young women. Responsibility isn't often one of them. It makes me do things logically and doesn't leave a lot of room for spontaneity. just saying....I could handle a little less genetically inherited responsibility.

4. I hate working Sundays.....I would give up my arm, leg and left breast to never have to work again on Sundays for the rest of my life. Just saying. Any takers?

5. I realized that being tied down is all a mental illusion. I was recently freaking out, because I had stuck my self in the bridge again. And I couldn't go anywhere or live life. then I realized the things I let tie me down, only tied me down because I let them. So I untied them......I'm currently waiting for the opportunity that will make me feel alive. I found a job in the paper yesterday that said "Get paid to travel" $450 a week travel the country for the summer, students preferred. it was like a sign from God. Not saying I'm taking it, just said it was a sign from God. I can live my dreams they are right there in the news paper.

No comments: